Delayed loading web content

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-15 07:38:55
Model: Archer C64  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.13.2 Build 230824 Rel.74702n(4555)

Hi.

I recently purchased this device. I connected it to my internet provider's modem (fiber internet), which was put into bridge mode. I configured the router - I chose automatic configuration. I set the SSID and password for the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks. A switch is wired to the router. A laptop and an AP (Xiaomi Mi Wi-Fi Range Extender AC1200) are wired to the switch. Everything worked until today when there were power outages. The electricity was out for about 15 minutes. During that time, the electricity came back on a few times for a short fraction of a time. When the current came back on permanently, the modem synchronized with the provider and the router with the modem. Since then, I have had a problem. When I'm connected to the router's wifi, each load of content on takes a very long time, as if the device (e.g., smartphone) connects to the servers of the selected site and only then at full speed to download multimedia and other data. "Connecting to the server" takes a relatively long time, a few seconds, only then the data is downloaded in no time. For example, after opening the Instagram app, I see only empty areas where there should be photos. Only after a few seconds or so do they begin to load immediately.

Speed test indicates a ping more or less as it was before, between the ping and speed testing there is a long pause where nothing happens. This problem was not there before, and most importantly, it does not occur when I use wifi with AP (from Xiaomi) or wired. Rebooting (several times) did not help.

The reason I don't write out the router settings is that nothing has changed in them since the original configuration.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Delayed loading web content
2023-11-16 00:34:38

@Kalafiornia 

I would try powering all off and then bring them up one at a time in order of the data flow. 

Options
Re:Delayed loading web content
2023-11-16 06:17:51

@ArcherC8 I was trying many things (including powering on in right order) but it didn't help. And finally today I turned off NAT Boost option (which I didn't turn on before) and everything works correctly again. That is strange but it worked.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 364

Replies: 2

Related Articles