Tp-link AX6600 Archer GX90 V1.0 Wifi6 Gaming Router network ports randomly go offline and not usable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tp-link AX6600 Archer GX90 V1.0 Wifi6 Gaming Router network ports randomly go offline and not usable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-30 16:53:59 - last edited 2023-11-30 17:05:39
Tags: #Firmware Update #NETWORK PORT ISSUE
Model: Archer GX90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20220228 rel.60482(5553)

I have had this loss of ethernet network ports now on the TWO different Archer GX90 wifi units, both were brand new. Both started doing this within 1-2 days of use where the 3 ethernet network ports on the router (LAN1 LAN2 LAN3) would RANDOMLY go offline and not work. The wifi works totally fine but the network ports would go offline and gives 169.x.x.x addresses

Even if you did a power cycle, the network port would remain offline. I also did a master reset using the hole paperclick per suggestion from TP-link and same issue...

This other post describes same issue I am having: https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/249386

" I have Archer Archer C9
The issue is that WAN port stops working after a while and it starts giving 169.x.x.x address.
WAN is connected to 1Gbit network
What could be the possible reason? "

You just have to keep it powered on and then randomly the next day the network ports would come back online and start working again.

This is very frustrating to see this behavior TWO different Archer GX90 AX6600 wifi routers, both of them are brand new retail box units as well.

Note I did NOT update to the latest firmware 1.1.3 Build 20230906 rel.45225 because I have seen some posts that the latest firm slows down the Wifi performance by a lot for some unknown reason see post:

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/628476

*** Has anyone else experienced this issue and know a way to fix this? ****

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 367

Replies: 0

Tags

Firmware Update
NETWORK PORT ISSUE
Related Articles