USB drive plugged into router non functional

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-07 15:22:38
Model: Archer A9  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20210315 rel. 40637 (5553)

I have tried Sandisk 32 GB and 128 GB thumbdrives as well as a 256 GB and a 512 GB M.2 SSD.

None of these devices will function as a read/write storage location.

I've tried it with Win 10 and Win 11 laptops but the USB device never appears as a drive location in My Computer.

I do get an icon under networking called TP-Share, but when I open it there is only some newly created default folders that I cannot read/write to.

If I unplug the USB from the router and plug it into a computer I can make some new folders and put files in them.

Then when I try the USB in the router again, I can see the new folders I created but the files are not there, and I cannot write to that folder.

Anyone have a solution?

Support is looking into this but my confidence is quite low they can/will fix it.

At first they blamed it on using the SSD which requires more power so I tried the thumbdrives with no success.

Is this router a piece of junk? Anyone out there using a different router with a USB drive successfully?

This router is located in our motorhome and am trying to do a cheap, light, small NAS equivalent for our computers to have a common BU and file storage.

Thanx!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 190

Replies: 0

Related Articles