AX6000 problems with Homecare causing wifi disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-15 17:27:20
Tags: #HomeCare
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer AX6000(US)_V1_1.3.2 Build 20230906

After years of having no issues with this router, I am not having major problems with wifi disconnects.  Numerous devices on my network are being dropped, or unable to connect all together.  The issue appears to be limited to the 5ghz connections only for some reason.  Changing the MAC address used seems to temporarily correct the issue for the affected devices, which is not something I wanted to deal with, but if it permanently resolved the problem, I would live with it.  

Curiously enough, some devices needed no changes and have no issues (such as my linux server).

After a lot of adjustments, I believe the issue is the homecare anti-virus feature.  I turned off "Infected Device Quarantine" feature in homecare on the router, and the problem appears to have gone away.  But I am concerned about keeping this setting off.

I have ran virusscans on my PCs and so far nothing has come up.  I checked the system log and the anti-virus log and don't see any references to any issues such as this.  Though its possible this is not being logged.

Does anyone have any idea what is going?  Or how to fix it?  Or how to possibly "reset" the device quarentine or get more info on it?

From what I can see, I only have a simple on/off switch for the feature.  There is no granular control or review in both the Tether app or the website option for the router settings.

I thought about trying a full factory reset on the router, via the hard button push, but I am not convinced this will resolve the issue.  I think it might only reset the "settings" on the router.  But no the anti-virus quarentine list (which again...I have no access to see, review, or adjust).

Has anyone run in to this or have any ideas on how to fix this?

I love this router, but this is a big problem for my home network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 208

Replies: 0

Tags

HomeCare
Related Articles