AX5400 Wi-Fi 6 Router is not working, sometimes, only a few websites cant connect, wifi not connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX5400 Wi-Fi 6 Router is not working, sometimes, only a few websites cant connect, wifi not connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-18 01:04:41 - last edited 2024-01-18 01:13:35
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.5 Build 20230922 rel.71211(5553)

Ok so I am having some trouble with this router, and the odd thing is that its the second time this has happened, although not the same router. Here is what I have:

Modem is fine, I have signal, and is connected to router via a cat8 cable.

Router was working great up until last night. I have google chrome open with 19 tabs of my favorite websites, of those 5 are from a dedicated server and all 5 of them were not connecting. Error says " Site cant be reached domain took too long to respond." The other 14 sites working fine.

My first thought was to check the router, of which there was a firmware update and I allowed it, afterwards I rechecked sites only to be the same. I tried to connect to server via mobile app Plesk, and could not. Checked to see if there were any system outages of my server host and there wasn't, I contacted support and they said server working find and returned ping, but I could not connect. I tried KVM web browser connect and access to server was good, I can get through, but not via website.

Did some forum searching in plesk because I saw a brief error 500 about plesk not connecting due to database issue, found some issues of which I had before and tried those. The issue was to see if I turned off wifi and used my cellular data to connect to sites. At first it wouldn't work, so I checked if there were firewall issues and turned them off on my PC, tried to reconnect on cellphone with cellular data and was able to see server websites, hmm.

So I attached/connected a usb wifi adapter to PC and connect to my cel Hotspot, and recheck PC connecting to server website, connected.

I then switched back to the router and tried to factory reset, rebooting PC and going through setup again. Reconnected after setup and 14 websites came up, the 5 from the server did not, again. I think at that point I gave up shut down and went to bed. Well I wake up this afternoon (work nights) and find out that my Intellectually disabled son is walking in a circle, when I ask him whats up he said no internet, I said hmm, tried to connect with wifi, during setup I used same login info for wifi as before, but I could not get it to connect, went to PC and login to TP router and see passwords are same, tried to connect to my cellphone via wifi and would not take password, the same one as before.

At this point I'm about to toss out the router, as I seem to think its the cause. A bit ago I could not connect to 2.4G on a TV, so tried 5G and it did connect, go figure. Went back to my cel phone and same thing. So rebooted the router and now 2.4G connects, but those same 5 websites still not connecting, even the firewall is still off on the PC.

The other time this happened was about 7 months ago and it was with an ASUS router (RT-AX3000) purchased on March 19 2021. The exact same thing happened, obviously I bought new router March 29 2022 and now happening again. No clue whats the issue. I do have an extended warranty on this new router, perhaps I should use it.

any ideas?

G

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX5400 Wi-Fi 6 Router is not working, sometimes, only a few websites cant connect, wifi not connect
2024-01-19 02:38:39 - last edited 2024-01-19 02:42:16

@BigGerry 

Interesting.... I think I would try clearing browser history/cookies/etc, stop the browser extensions  especially if you use an ad blocker, try a different a browser, a different computer, play with the router's firewall settings, and also try a different DNS. 

let us know what you find.

Options