Home network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Home network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Home network
Home network
2024-02-17 20:43:29
Model: Deco W3600  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hopefully not a silly question:

Is it possible to use an Archer AX1500 in the same network with W3600 Decos

Thanks!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Home network
2024-02-18 10:08:14

@Ps91 

What do you mean by "network"?

The Archer will not participate to the mesh created by the set of Deco.

You can use the Archer and the Deco in the same domestic network, but you will not have everywhere the benefit of a mesh.

Options
2024-02-18 21:35:57

Sorry.  My home wi-fi setup.  My internet provider is T-Mobile home internet.  I have the T-Mobile gateway set up on the 2nd floor of my house, with one of the W3600 TP-Link Decos hooked up to that and another downstairs.  I am having trouble getting a good reliable wi-fi signal downstairs.  

What should I do differently?  Whether I have the gateway upstairs or down, I am having a hard time figuring out how to best get a good stronger wifi signal to the other floor.

Thanks,

Options
2024-02-19 06:01:26

@Ps91 

How do you see that the signal is not good enough?  By using speedtest, or by looking at the strength of the signal on a device?

How are the two Deco connected?  By wifi?  Any possibility to interconnect those by Ethernet cable?

In the Deco app, if you select the satellite Deco, what is the strength of its connection to the main Deco?
Are the devices on the same floor as the satellite Deco connecting to that satellite Deco?

Options
2024-02-19 06:57:13

@yves_b 

Thanks for your replies!

Speedtest.

I have two W3600s and two M4Rs.  One of the W3600s is on the 2nd floor, connected to the T-Mobile gateway by Ethernet.  One of the M4Rs is also on the second floor, connected by WiFi.  The other W3600 is on the first floor of the house, connected by WiFi.  The other M4R is in the far corner of the house on the first floor, connected by WiFi.  The strength of the satellite Deco connected to the main one is shown as medium on the Deco app.

The speed of the WiFi upstairs, near the main deco is up to 250 Mbps and goes to 50 downstairs.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 247

Replies: 4

Related Articles