Very frustrated with AXE95 router not allowing external access to USB mounted drives

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Very frustrated with AXE95 router not allowing external access to USB mounted drives

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-03-11 22:18:29
Model: Archer AXE95  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 20231228 rel.50972(5553)

I have tried numerous ways to get my USB drives made accessible from the internet without success. I have a domain set up but it will not connect. This is very frustrating because prior to purchase I was told that I could not only expose this virtual file server but also create it as a Private Cloud so I could use this like a private Dropbox to distribute files to friends. Apparently, this is not actually available with this router nor can you use Samba externally. 

Has anyone successfully set up SSD drives on the USB port on the router and been able to access (with secured login) specific files? It also looks like there is no way to specify specific files for the Admin vs a guest login. I only want the Guest to access one of my drives and only specific folders. It looks like I can have to give access the same to both but have read only or read/write different for the two users.

Any suggestions would be most helpful.

Thank!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Very frustrated with AXE95 router not allowing external access to USB mounted drives
2024-03-11 22:38:55

@Trankonia 

To be able to access the USB mounted drive externaly you must have a public IP address on your AXE95 WAN port (Internet IP address):

654e61ad4b9b44e3b581fcacabe97923

For configuring the access to the USB drive use the router user guide - Chapter 8.1

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options