Security

Security

Security
Security
2024-04-04 16:07:45

Recently we bridged our AX11000 to our Xfinity Gateway and we had a breach. Someone nearby had stolen our original Gateway equipment when it arrived at our new address before we did. When we went to Xfinity to get new equipment they said the original equipment was activated at our address. They opened an investigation but they never deactivated the old equipment. We used just they Gateway for awhile and then decided to bridge our router to it because we use a lot of smart home devices and wanted the coverage. Suddenly our passwords were being changed and someone even came into my yard and tried to send video to my TV. Subsequently, we called Xfinity and they had to change our WiFi password over the phone. The next day a technician brought us a new Gateway. My question is; did the security in our router fail allowing this creep to get into our system or did us hooking it up to the Gateway which apparently was account connected to ours give him a stronger signal to be able to change settings? If we hook it back up to the new Gateway, will he still be able to access our system? All firmware tests up to date.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Security
2024-04-04 19:57:19

@Stormey61 

If you're not certain what exactly happend you could change your AX11000 admin and wireless passwords.

Thus the only way someone can breach your LAN would be to have a physical acces to the AX11000.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Security
2024-04-05 02:12:20

@Stormey61 

Is your gateway set up in bridge mode with the AX11000 in router mode or is the AX11000 set up in AP mode?

The safest mode is to put the gateway in bridge mode so it is just a modem and the AX11000 in router mode and it controls your entire network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 212

Replies: 2

Related Articles