High ping latency to gateway X55

2024-04-19 15:33:19
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.1

Is this common or is there something wrong with my Deco Units? 

I just bought 3 X55 units about 2 months ago, upgrading from M3s.

If I plug into the ethernet port on the Base and ping the internal Gateway IP of system I get either <1ms or 1ms of latnecy.  If I connect to wireless fromt he same laptop and verify I'm conencted to the Base, I get anywhere from 5ms to 15ms ping response tothe same Gateway IP.

I would epect <1ms from anywhere in the house.

I was having issues with something for work, and I know it's not an issue on my side, but the support person kept asking why I was getting such high latency from my home system and kept suggesting something is wrong.

When I do speed tests I still get ~250Mbps, which is what I expect over wireless, but the latency over wireless versus wired is a little disconcerting.

I'm not sure if the old units did this as well.

Anything I can look at or adjust?  I tried shutting off QOS or making sure with QOS on that my laptop was high priority, but neither made a difference.

Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:High ping latency to gateway X55
2024-08-13 19:43:11

@BDinCT I have the same issue and I'd like to know if there is any comments from an expert to this matter.

Options
2024-08-16 20:27:57

@rjrojas No, I never received any reply to this question.

Wifi seems good, but still get 6ms+ latency on pings to the gateway.  Seems strange.

Options
2024-08-16 23:55:36

@BDinCT Was the ping on the old M4s better?  Check which WPA you were using, and make sure it is the same.  I believe WPA2 is considered hackable, but since the encryption is less complex it's faster...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 286

Replies: 3

Related Articles