App challenges

App challenges

App challenges
App challenges
2024-07-29 18:36:44

I initially had a Deco M5 three pack network. Upgraded to a two pack W7200, and used the M5s alongside. The ethernet stopped working from my primary W7200. I thought perhaps the jack had failed. When I swapped the secondary W7200 for the primary things started to go sideways. The app did not show my wifi network. It wanted me to set up the unit as if it was new. I eventually got my network set up with my previously existing network name and password, but the app does not see it and wants to set up a new unit and network. So I currently have the two W7200 units working together but the M5s are just blinking blue LEDs and the app can't see them. I really need the ethernet connection, so I just bought a two pack of Deco XE75. So my question is - if I hit the reset button on all of my current Deco units (which should be a factory reset I think), and delete the Deco app from my phone, then reinstall it, I should be able to recreate my network using the new Deco XE75s and add my existing units as needed, right? Thanks for any clarification or any additional info needed.

Options
1 Reply
Re:App challenges
2024-07-30 11:15:59

@NetworkNoob2 If the app does not allow controlling your Deco mesh, I believe resetting the Decos will be sufficient, and you will be able to create a new network in the app. via the "+" button.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 82

Replies: 1

Related Articles