Pole barn challenges

Pole barn challenges

Pole barn challenges
Pole barn challenges
2 недель назад
Model: Deco W7200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

good morning all....   I have a couple of W7200 Deco's and have succesfully used them in my house to create the mesh without issue.   I just built a pole barn (metal walls and roof).   I thought I had a good solution, put one of the Deco's in the window of my house closest to the barn and went to check.   Signal is great outside right at the barn and inside with the doors open.   Didn't check with the doors closed!!   wouldn't you know it, little to no signal!   I no longer have an open trench to drop in a cable and am not inclined to do it again!   is there anything I can do to help this?   Is there an external antenna what will connect to my mesh and I can pass into the barn?   Are there any stronger mesh setups that might work with the metal building?   Looking for some help.   Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Pole barn challenges
2 недель назад

Hi @Joe_barn,

Welcome to the community!

One thing to consider would be an Outdoor Deco Model, such as our Deco X50-Outdoor.

The Deco X50-Outdoor can be added to your existing Deco network to potentially establish outdoor connectivity at a more optimal location between the two buildings.

Options
Re:Pole barn challenges
неделю назад

@Joe_barn Do you have power inside the barn?

I suggest looking at this: https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/587544

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 75

Replies: 2

Related Articles