Archer C4000 router is broadcasting it's own SSID even though I have a different name setup

Archer C4000 router is broadcasting it's own SSID even though I have a different name setup

2024-08-06 02:32:15
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.6 build 20231010

The router has been working fine for 2+ years. My 2.4Ghz SSID is "abc" and my 5Ghz ssid is "abcD".  I had a power outage and suddenly I couldn't connect to Wifi anymore. So I turned off the router, and back on. Still can't connect to Wifi.  So I check the wifi settings in the router, nothing is wrong. I do a speed test, and it's working OK.

On my phone I have the 2 SSIDs showng as normal "abc" and "abcD" but both have NO INTERNET.  I can connect to each one. But no Internet.

Then I notice on my phone that I can see 2 new SSIDs being broadcast which I've never seen before: TP-LINK_9E03 and TP-LINK_9E02.  Hmmmm... where are these coming from.  I CAN connect to them and I GET internet.  When I connect to these 2 SSIDs my phone device shows up in the router device list. So these 2 SSIDs are coming from my router, even though they are not listed.

Bottom line:  The router is broadcasting my 2 SSIDs "abc" and "abcD" but neither one has internet access.  And now the router is ALSO broadcasting 2 more SSIDs which have internet access, but I have no control over these 2 names and they don't appear in any router settings.  TP-LINK_9E03 and TP-LINK_9E02

Any ideas how to fix this?

Why did this suddenly happen? 

Is the router suddenly broken?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C4000 router is broadcasting it's own SSID even though I have a different name setup
2024-08-06 11:05:17 - last edited 2024-08-06 11:06:05

@Maniac 

Do you have any extenders in your network? I googled "TP-LINK_9E03" and found that in Peru that is some type of free network.

Power off the router and see if the "TP-LINK_9E03" goes away.

If it were me, I would reset the router back to factory and reenter my settings to get back my normal network.

Options
Re:Archer C4000 router is broadcasting it's own SSID even though I have a different name setup
2024-08-16 01:59:18

@ArcherC8 Yup, I forgot about an extender that was plugged in, and it went all wonky.  I unplugged it and things were OK again.  Now I will reset it and reconfigure. Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 140

Replies: 2

Related Articles