Deco XE75 intermittent connection from satellite to base

2 weeks ago
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.0

I currently have one base station in my office on one side of the house and a mesh satellite in my bedroom. I've had this way for a couple years now and never had any issues with a strong connection. The other day the satellite just stopped connecting and flashing red. If I unplugged it and plugged it back in, it would connect for like 30 seconds and then disconnect and start flashing again. I've even hard reset the satellite and set it back up with no luck. Does anybody have a solution for this? Thanks in advance

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco XE75 intermittent connection from satellite to base
2 weeks ago

@xAstroDadx 

When the Deco unit is flashing red, it indicates a disconnection from the satellite unit. It is possible that the unit may be malfunctioning, but we can conduct a test to determine this.

1. Please reset the Deco unit that you are experiencing issues with.

2. Open the app and navigate to the network tab, then click on the plus sign at the top.

3. Select "Create New Network."

4. Locate your model in the list and set up a new network, ensuring that the new network has a different name and password from the existing one.

5. Once the new network setup is complete, unplug the working network and observe the results.

If the unit continues to be non-functional, it is likely that the unit has failed.

Need help with the Deco app, setup, Ethernet backhaul, network switch or rolling back firmware? https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/699816?page=1
Options
Re:Deco XE75 intermittent connection from satellite to base
2 weeks ago

@xAstroDadx Does it occur as well when the satellite is close to the main Deco?

Options