Problem with settings

Problem with settings

Problem with settings
Problem with settings
2 weeks ago
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.8.24

I recently changed my network settings from “loss connected” to “router connected” in the app. Since then, I can’t access my app to change settings or add other Deco units. Initially, I was getting 12 kbps, but after the change, my speed increased to 120 Mbps. However, I can no longer connect to the app to manage settings or add/delete Deco units. Can someone please explain how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Vincent

Options
11 Reply
Re:Problem with settings
2 weeks ago

@Vincentturbo 

To begin, please submit a support ticket by following the instructions provided in the link below:

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/694474

After you have uploaded the log file, please proceed with the following steps:

1. Reset each Deco unit by pressing the button located on the bottom of each device. Once reset, unplug the units. You will know they are successfully reset when the LED light on the Deco blinks blue.

2. Once all units have been reset, plug in the main Deco unit and begin the installation process one unit at a time.

3. Once your network is restored, please refrain from changing that setting until support has had the opportunity to resolve the issue.

Need help with the Deco app, setup, Ethernet backhaul, network switch or rolling back firmware? https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/699816?page=1
Options
2 weeks ago

@Vincentturbo Where is this “loss connected” or “router connected” option?
Do you mean that, after changing that option, the app does not allow managing the Deco mesh anymore?

Options
2 weeks ago

@yves_b yes thats the problem. I dont really know which option it is in the app but you can switch from " "wifi - deco - phone" to "wifi - rooter - deco - phone" the first option gives me slow internet but i can get in to the app and the second option gives fast internet but doesnt let me in to the app

Options
2 weeks ago

@Vincentturbo Would that be the Operation Mode of the Deco?

What is the color of the LED of the Deco?

Options
2 weeks ago
Yes i think so
Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

The colours are blue only 1 of 4 is red

Options
2 weeks ago

@Vincentturbo what is the color of the main Deco?

solid blue or flashing blue?

Options
2 weeks ago
Solid blue
Options
2 weeks ago

@Vincentturbo I believe then you should create a new Deco network via the app.

Options
2 weeks ago
How do i fix the slow kb/s when i set it up without going into router mode?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 226

Replies: 11

Related Articles