AX3000 not working with long cable

Monday
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello.  I recently upgraded my AC1750 to a the AX300.  I copied over all the router settings, and every connected device worked fine except for my office PC, which is connected via a 100ft Cat5 cable.  I swap back and forth between the 2 routers, and the PC works fine with AC1750, but cannot connect with the AX300.  The 2 network lights on the back of my PC will not even light up when the new router is used.

Are there any settings in the new router that would control the power on the wired networks?  Do you think upgrading to a new cat6 cable would help?  I really like the Wi-Fi range improvement with the AX3000 so I would hate to switch back to the old AC1750.

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX3000 not working with long cable
Monday

@RedLagger 

Some things I would check/try.

Check the cable ends and the connectors in the router to see if you have bent pins.

Try different ports in the router.

Try a different PC.

Use a different cable and attach the PC to the new router. (may need to move the PC to near the router for the test) before replacing the long run of cable.

Cat 5 is okay for up to 100 and it may be time to upgrade to Cat 6E if for not other reason.

Be sure you are using the power adapter that came with the new router. The old one may fit but may be incorrect.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 40

Replies: 1

Related Articles