manage more than one Deco network?
manage more than one Deco network?
Monday - last edited Monday
Tags: #manage networks
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.4

Hi folks -

I installed a Deco X20 mesh network a couple of years ago, and it basically solved all my Wifi problems.

So when a friend needed a better Wifi network, I recommended X20 for him also.

But when I went to his house to set it up, I found that the Deco Iphone App would not change settings from

my home network. I needed to delete the app, then reinstall with a new email address in order to configure his network

Is there any way to manage more than one X20 network in the Deco Iphone App?

Thanks all.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:manage more than one Deco network?-Solution

@netmandon 

This is pretty easy to do.  

Open the Deco App

Tap on the 3-Bars in the upper left corner

Look for the two sideways arrows next to your current network name and tap on them

You will then have the option to switch between networks that you are an owner or manager on.  You can also create a new network and go through the setup process for th new network.  However, keep in mind this will make you the owner of your friend's network.  If you want to make them the owner of their account they will need to first create a TP-Link ID.  Here is how.  

From there, they can either sign in to the Deco app on their device and follow the setup process or you can sign out of your account and sign into their and do it from your device.  

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:manage more than one Deco network?-Solution

@netmandon 

This is pretty easy to do.  

Open the Deco App

Tap on the 3-Bars in the upper left corner

Look for the two sideways arrows next to your current network name and tap on them

You will then have the option to switch between networks that you are an owner or manager on.  You can also create a new network and go through the setup process for th new network.  However, keep in mind this will make you the owner of your friend's network.  If you want to make them the owner of their account they will need to first create a TP-Link ID.  Here is how.  

From there, they can either sign in to the Deco app on their device and follow the setup process or you can sign out of your account and sign into their and do it from your device.  

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:manage more than one Deco network?
Monday

@Carl 

Thanks. So easy!

That is what I will do.

Have a good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 45