Decreased performance Deco Mesh system

Tuesday
Model: Deco X4300 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.4

I have noticed issues with the wifi over the past few months up until the point now where there are areas the wifi used to work without issue are now not functioning well.  I have done all the usual, update firmware, reboot the system, and run speed tests.  The main concern here on the speed test on the wifi satellite is how fast the speed drops off as I walk away from it.  In a clear line of sight I can stand next to it and have speeds of 380mbs then at 20ft away (direct line of sight) it drops to 190mbs, then at 40ft (direct line of sight) I am down to less than 50mbs, then as I hit 2 bars of wifi strength it drops to less than 7mbs.  

I feel like I am missing something here, the system used to work well without fault but now seems like it is not broadcasting the wifi as strong as it used to?  Strange to me as well I have have 3 bars of wifi in direct line of sight but range from 350mbs to 50mbs

Any advice?  The system is less than 1 year old

Options
1 Reply
Re:Decreased performance Deco Mesh system
3 hours ago

@x4300bb 

The firmware you are currently using was released on July 18, 2024. Would you say that this is when you began to notice the issue?

I recommend opening a support ticket to report the issue directly to them. Please find the instructions on how to open the ticket outlined below.

1. Email support at support.usa@tp-link.com.
2. Include the model number of your Deco router, as well as the hardware and firmware versions. See the image below on how to locate your hardware version number.
3. Describe the issues you are facing and send the email.
4. Within a few minutes, you will receive an automated response with a TKID number.
5. Upon receiving this email, please access the Deco web UI by entering "tplinkdeco.net" in your browser. Navigate to Advanced > System > System Log, select "ALL" in the log type, and save the file to your local computer. Then, reply to the email you just received, attach the log file, and kindly request that your ticket be escalated to a senior engineer for further assistance.

64fc5e8a1c3f4c0ab897b1a455a82a35

Need help with the Deco app, setup, Ethernet backhaul, network switch or rolling back firmware? https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/699816?page=1
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 52

Replies: 1

Related Articles