I keep getting incorrect password error and must reboot Decos

15 hours ago - last edited 15 hours ago
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.3

OiFor the past few weeks, I have noticed that my devices are not automatically connecting to my X 20 devices with ethernet backhaul. Then when I try to connect, I am told that my password is incorrect. I am then forced to reboot my Deco devices, and then eventually I enter the same exact password and I am able to connect.

does this sound like one of my devices is going bad? Do I have bad firmware? I know that others have had the same problem with the incorrect password error, how do I fix it or should I go with a different manufacturer like Netgear or Asus?

Options
1 Reply
Re:I keep getting incorrect password error and must reboot Decos
11 hours ago

@BillThompson 

There may be a potential issue with the firmware or the unit itself; however, it is advisable to first investigate the firmware. There are currently 11 different hardware versions of your model.

Could you please provide the hardware version of your X20? You should see it at the bottom of your deco.

64fc5e8a1c3f4c0ab897b1a455a82a35

That will help us proceed effectively. Additionally, could you confirm whether these units were recently purchased or if you have had them for some time? How many Decos do you have in total? Are they all the same model, or do you have a mix of different models? Have you always had this issue? Or did it start after a firmware update? 

Need help with the Deco app, setup, Ethernet backhaul, network switch or rolling back firmware? https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/699816?page=1
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 31

Replies: 1

Related Articles