BE95 Deco Connection Preference in Guest Network

13 hours ago
Model: Deco BE95  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.21 Build 20240726 Rel. 25771

Has anyone been able to make the Connection Preference setting work in the Guest Network?  It works in Main and in ioT, but not Guest Network.  I can't find a setting to change it.

Options
3 Reply
Re:BE95 Deco Connection Preference in Guest Network
8 hours ago

@DalTxJim 

I have observed through my participation in the forums that there is significant inconsistency in the firmware availability for Deco models. 

For instance, my XE75 Pro does not currently support the auto-update feature, although it is available for other Deco models. Additionally, there is a beta version for the XE75 Pro available for testing, but it is not compatible with the hardware version of my device.

If you are unable to locate the option in the Deco app, it may not be available for your specific model and hardware version. I recommend submitting a support ticket to request further assistance.

I have included the necessary steps to do so below.

1. Email support at support.usa@tp-link.com.
2. Include the model number of your Deco router, as well as the hardware and firmware versions.
3. Describe the issues you are facing and send the email.

Need help with the Deco app, setup, Ethernet backhaul, network switch or rolling back firmware? https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/699816?page=1
Options
2 hours ago

@DalTxJim 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

I'm afraid that the Guest Network doesn't support settings "Connection Preference".

Best regards.

Options
2 hours ago

@David-TP 

Would you consider adding that as a feature request?

Need help with the Deco app, setup, Ethernet backhaul, network switch or rolling back firmware? https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/699816?page=1
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 33

Replies: 3

Related Articles