Changing IP Range and DHCP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-02 10:18:40
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I just set up my 3 station network today and it's OK. Sonos boxes complain and my Synology is nowhere to be found due to a different IP range.

It is currently using 192.168.0.xxx. Life would be so much easier with 192.168.1.xxx

The FAQ on the site shows this can be changed from Advanced/IPv4/WAN/..... The picture on the site shows a ">" next to "WAN" for drilling down. My app doesn't have this (It was updated today FYI)

I just spent an hour on the phone with tech support explaining what an IP was, DHCP, Range etc. No clue. I was told the M5 can only run on 192.168.0.xxx and cannot be changed. Attempts to escalate the issue were stonewalled. If this is true Mr Bezos gets this back tomorrow! I'm not looking for huge configuration options like DD-WRT, although that would be nice, but I would hope to see the most basic parameters selectable. We've been able to do that..... well....forever.

AM I missing something or was tech support right. I hope they weren't, as I'm too darn old to configure a network every day, but this is unacceptable.

Thanks for any help.

Steve
Options
1 Reply
Re:Changing IP Range and DHCP
2017-08-07 18:59:21
Currently the IP address of an deco can't be changed, but tplink support told me there would be a new firmware to add this option.
Hope they can release the new firmware soon.
Options