HS-220 Smart Switch Dimming Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS-220 Smart Switch Dimming Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:HS-220 Smart Switch Dimming Issue
2020-11-13 04:10:03
This steps are great. It helped to reproduce almost dark mode with brightness 1%. But when I added device back to Kasa app, the calibration override the almost dark mode, and minimum minimum that I can get is about 25% of full brightness :-(. How to skip calibration and have full range of brightness starting from 1%?
Options
2020-12-10 00:59:45

@Okou 

I am having the same issue. Does anyone or TP Link themselves have a fix to this issue?

Options
2020-12-16 22:19:22 - last edited 2020-12-16 22:28:01

@Okou I not sure if you solve the problem figuring out how Kasa App calibrate the HS-220, anyway I think it's a good idea to add that I could calibrate without problem, without remove the swtich from the app and at the minimum possible on my light bulb. It may calibrate any brand very well.

The trick is on the first screen of the calibration, you need to adjust there clicking not sliding. I had to do it several times to find the sweet spot for my installation. On the first screen is not a slider, you ckick on the top of the silder to boost the power or click on the bottom to dim.

First I started all the way down and clicked on test. My light bulb turned off on the lowerst dim. So, I did it again raising the power one notch at the time, and did again, until I found the point I wanted, actually a little brighter than the possible minimum of my light bulb (the minimum would be too dark). So, with a little pacient you can set on the app very well. I could do different sets for each HS-220 I have to match to room where they are.

It took me two days to figure it out that I need to click on top of bottom, hahaha.

One more time Kudos to TP-Link, quality and precision !!!! Kasa App is amazing !

Options