HS105 plugs(3) used to work with Alexa, now all say "unresponsive"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS105 plugs(3) used to work with Alexa, now all say "unresponsive"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
158 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:HS105 plugs(3) used to work with Alexa, now all say "unresponsive"
2020-05-21 12:30:11
Nope. Was told they just aren't supported any longer.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:HS105 plugs(3) used to work with Alexa, now all say "unresponsive"
2020-05-21 17:01:07

@RockawayBill 

Wait you were told what and by who?  Please provide as much detail of that coversation as possible.  I will need to investigate.  To my knowledge none of our products have lost support to work with Alexa, espcially products that are still sold.  Heck we have a FSS version of the 105 that is for Alexa easy setup.  So being told they are not supported makes no sense at all.  

Options
Re:HS105 plugs(3) used to work with Alexa, now all say "unresponsive"
2020-06-03 19:32:27

I can control my smart plugs with kasa, they show on Alexa but they only will say "Server is unresponsive" I have reinstalled them twice.

Options
Re:Re:Re:HS105 plugs(3) used to work with Alexa, now all say "unresponsive"
2020-06-10 10:37:35

@Ed_it_or  Brilliant i did the same logged out and diasbled skill then relogged into kasa etc and its all working again thank you

Ed_it_or wrote

Logged out of both kasa and Alexa, disabled kasa in Alexa, then enabled again, searched for devices in Alexa, found my plugs and now all seems to be working.

thanks

Options
2020-06-16 03:04:45

@Carl did anyone ever resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem and none of the troubleshooting in this thread fixed it. I used to be able to unplug and replug my echo dot to fix this but that doesn't work anymore... very frustrating 

Options
2020-06-16 18:29:39

@Sportsjunkie 

This worked perfectly, Thank you!  All these devices that were controlled by the Kasa app and were "server unresponsive" on Alexa app, are now working on the Alexa app.  Use the method above and once you re-login all the devices will be found and should work correctly on the KASA and Alexa app. 

Options
2020-08-06 04:23:21

@Carl 

Device model HS100

Hardware 1.0

Firmware 1.2.5

The plug turns on and off with the Kasa app and the Alexa app

We ask Alexa to turn on the plug, she says ok and nothing turns on. 

We have unplugged the Kass plug, unplugged Alexa and still does not work by voice 

Options
2020-08-06 17:13:01

@Shana_M11 

Have you removed the Kasa Skill on the alexa app and readded it?  

Options
Re:HS105 plugs(3) used to work with Alexa, now all say "unresponsive"-Solution
2020-09-25 01:44:34 - last edited 2021-02-22 18:27:12

@JJ1 

Hey everyone, I recently experienced the same issue as many are having here, starting about a week ago: Skill is unresponsive on Alexa/Echo, works through the Kasa app either on WiFi or cellular. I found another thread with a post from @Howster  that solved my issue that had been driving me crazy after a week of logging in and out of both apps, resetting, re-adding, trying static IP addresses through Google WiFi, using a different outlet, all to no avail. 

The issue turned out to be related to me changing the password to my Kasa account (I had 'offloaded' the Kasa app on my iPhone and re-downloaded it when I upgraded to iOS 14 to set up some Shortcuts, forgotten my password, and reset it).

The solution, again, credit to @Howster, was to login on MY COMPUTER to alexa.amazon.com, disable the Kasa skill, re-enable it, enter the NEW credentials, and then my problem was fixed. I am not sure if this will help anyone else, but I literally created an account to share this because I hoped it could help someone else. Good luck everyone and huge thanks again to @Howster !

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-09-28 00:52:55

@Carl 

Hs105 works in kasa app but in alexa server is unresponsive 

Hw version 1.0

Firmware 1.5.6

Options