How to arrange SMART PLUGS (put them in a preferred order) under Devices in the Kasa App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to arrange SMART PLUGS (put them in a preferred order) under Devices in the Kasa App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-01 18:38:37

I have several smart plugs and cannot find a way to arrange them in the order that I like. I found a way to arrange (order) them in the iOS Widgets screen but not a way to arrange within the Kasa app itself.

Any help would be appreciated.

Options
7 Reply
Re:How to arrange SMART PLUGS (put them in a preferred order) under Devices in the Kasa App
2019-01-01 18:51:17

I find a work around.

Name the devices so that the systen will sort them automatically.

Options
Re:How to arrange SMART PLUGS (put them in a preferred order) under Devices in the Kasa App
2019-01-01 20:35:43

@Yong 

Right now like you said the only way to do this is via device names and sorting Alphabetically.   We will let our design team know the instrest in this though.

Best Regards

Carl | TP-Link Support

Options
Re:Re:How to arrange SMART PLUGS (put them in a preferred order) under Devices in the Kasa App
2019-06-28 00:19:16
I would also like to see ability to manually arrange/sort devices in the Kasa App
Options
Re:Re:How to arrange SMART PLUGS (put them in a preferred order) under Devices in the Kasa App
2019-06-28 02:31:45

Try naming them as you like, then put a number in front of the name

Options
Re:Re:Re:How to arrange SMART PLUGS (put them in a preferred order) under Devices in the Kasa App
2019-07-11 13:24:13
Will adding numbers to the front change the voice commands used to control this plug? If so, then it's not a very good workaround
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:How to arrange SMART PLUGS (put them in a preferred order) under Devices in the Kasa App
2019-07-11 16:26:05

I use Cortana for voice control and do not have any problem. 

Just note that when sorting numbers 10 comes before 2

Options
2019-10-31 17:07:41 - last edited 2019-10-31 17:08:43

Since the Widget settings can be set to order the devices why can't that same setting be used in the actual app.?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2652

Replies: 7