Does C50 have a UPnP limit on ports?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-08 04:15:06 - last edited 2019-02-08 04:20:14

I have an Archer C50 that I use with UPnP on my surveillance cameras.  Each camera uses 3 to 5 ports, depending on model and firmware version.  The last camera I added only added 3 ports out of 5 and the router shows there are 64 ports mapped.  Now I am trying to add another camera and it doesn't seem to connect to UPnP at all - none of the ports get configured.  I can connect to the Internet from the camera for video storage and NTP so I know the camera can talk to the router.

I do find it odd that this problem starts at 64 ports mapped.  It makes me ask this question: is this a spec limit of 64 mapped ports for this router?  Or is something else likely causing it? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Does C50 have a UPnP limit on ports?
2019-02-08 17:19:07

@dalepres There is a limit of 16 virtual servers you can create, but for UPnP 64 may be the limit.

Are you able to create a virtual server (port forwarding) rule for the last camera?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1028

Replies: 1