Ceiling fan switch

Ceiling fan switch

99 Reply
Re:Ceiling fan switch
2021-07-19 13:16:28

Add me to the list of people who would like to see a TP-Link Kasa smart switch specifically made for fan control. I would like to see one where it just controls the fan - no lights - and also one that controls both fan and lights. I originally had all Belkin smart switches in my house except for 2 locations where I needed 3 way switches. At the time Belkin did not have a 3 way switch so I went with the TP-Link Kasa 3 way switch. Three years later and I found that the Belkin smart switches with horribly unreliable, needing a constant reset to work with Alexa, where my 2 Kasa 3 way switches were always reliable. End result is that I switched all my Belkin smart switches to TP-Link Kasa smart switches and I am incredibly happy with the switch. Everything is reliable and actually works. Would like to add the final missing piece and add some TP-Link Kasa smart switches for ceiling fan control. Would much rather switch with the one brand/one app instead of going with a second brand/app (although the app itself is not that important to me since I normally control via Alexa).

Options
2021-09-04 23:12:25

@RojasNet2 +1 for exactly this. If you're reading this thread TP Link team, please know that this is a glaring omission in the lineup. As others have stated, I will also will need to use Treatlife for all my house switches if there's no option for ceiling fan speed control. 

Options
2022-01-20 04:01:53 - last edited 2022-01-20 04:04:55

@Anyelope_Slayer 

I have the standard 200 connected to my ceiling fan and have no loss of power.  Are you sure it was wired properly and the fan was on maximum speed?  If those are good, I would suspect a bad connection with your neutral wire.

Options
2022-03-20 21:07:46

I filled my last house with kasa switches and now i'm working on our new house. Unfortunately, it seems i need to buy the relatively unknown TreatLife fan control switches. If TPLink came out with their own offering then i'd gladly switch the switch to their product.

Options
2022-03-31 20:25:49

Another request for a ceiling fan switch. I have 4 ceiling fans. I'd buy more switches if they could be controlled by TP-Link. Especially for fan 1 described below.

fan 1: Currently 2 dumb switches. One on/offfor fan and another is on/off for the light. To change speed I have to pull the chain. I could get a dumb remote control as the fan supports it but did not come with it. Its a seperate purchase.

fan 2: 1 dumb switch for on/off of light and fan. Changing light off while fan is on or the opposite requires to pull on chains.

fan 3: 3 dumb switches. One side of the room has 2 seperate switches for controlling the light on/off and another switch for the fan on/off. Other side of the room 1 dumb switch controlling just the light on/off. To change the speed the chain has to be pulled.

fan 4: upgraded to 2 tp-link switches. One to control light on/off and another to control fan on/off. To change the speed the chain has to be pulled.

So all 4 are somewhat different. I'd love to be able to control on/off fan, on/off light, speed change. Even better also make the light dimmable.

I may have to buy a treatlife switch for the 3 dumb ceiling fan/light switches unless TP-Link makes one. It would save me needing more than 1 app, design would match and wiring would be consistant on how to install them.

So many people are requesting this type of switch over the course of 3 years. How many requests and how many years does it take to offer one?

Even competitors are offering this type of switch. TP-Linkyou are falling behind and missing out on new customers. Customers whom will buy a competitor's product and likely buy all switches from the competitor that offers all the switches that they need.

Options
2022-05-05 23:39:10

@MrD. Hopefully you get this reply.  I have the same scenario as you and replaced the two "dumb" switches with two Kasa H200 and only the fan works, the lights do not thus I had to reinstalled the "dumb" switch for the lights.  The wiring is funky and makes no sense as the light switch has two red wires in the "line" and "load" connections and a white wire in the neutral.  The fan switch only had two black wires connected which I used the two black wires for the H200 plus the white to the white tie point and the green to the copper wires.  See the picture below:

e339f03b3b904965a253ba6c11b7c6cf

Now I have one Kasa H-200 installed controlling the ceiling fan and the "dumb" switch on the left installed back on.

Options
2022-05-06 00:46:08

WR213 wrote

... the light switch has two red wires in the "line" and "load" connections and a white wire in the neutral.  ...

e339f03b3b904965a253ba6c11b7c6cf

Now I have one Kasa H-200 installed controlling the ceiling fan and the "dumb" switch on the left installed back on.

@WR213  A White wire on a DUMB Switch is NOT a neutral - that appears to be a 3-way switch. (is there possibly another switch in that room which also controls the light?) 
Anyway, that is why you were unable to use the HS200 - and once again, not only is it a 3-way, that is NOT a neutral. 

Options
2022-05-19 18:44:34

I'm looking for this as well. I am having a small carriage house built. I stipulated four-wire cable so that I can use TP Link products. I will have five ceiling fan locations (each with an integrated lamp).  I would prefer to have all of my switches by]e TP Link products, including being able to control the speed of each ceiling fan. 

Options
2022-06-12 14:27:44 - last edited 2022-06-12 14:30:33

I would also like to upvote for Kasa Fan + Light controller switches. This seems like a glaring hole stopping for automating the house with just one brand.

If there are TP moderators here and can pass this on to the devs, really appreciated.

Combo switch that can control fan speed and light dimmer would be an awesome addition to this space. Also happy to be a beta tester if you are looking for one :) 

Options
2022-08-03 13:47:45

Tony wrote

@ZioJim Does not look like there is any smart ceiling fan products in the near future, but with respect to our switches (HS200/HS220/HS210KIT) they do not require a hub, only a smart phone with our Kasa app.

@Tony 

Tony wrote

@ZioJim Does not look like there is any smart ceiling fan products in the near future, but with respect to our switches (HS200/HS220/HS210KIT) they do not require a hub, only a smart phone with our Kasa app.

Options
Related Articles