Three-Way Dimming?

Re:Three-Way Dimming?
2021-03-05 19:18:06

@Sweetpete I know this is a few months behind but I just ran into this and found this forum. I have not tried it with a dimmer to dimmer yet, but I have used a "smart action" to control my smart plug with the dimmer switch. I am going to order another dimmer switch to try this with. Basically you wire one on the main side of the light and then just power the second switch and wirenut the load wire. This is how you do it with Insteon switches eccept they are made to do this in the app easily by linking switches to each other. (which I prefer but wanted to try these because they are half the price)

If you have two dimmers on a three way set up you could give this a shot. May or may not do dimming. I don't know for sure since my plug is only on/off.

Options
2021-03-30 23:40:23

@Tony Are you a Moderator? (Or can reach one?)

This thread (and others) is so full of Spam - can you please get it deleted?  

Please note that I do not work for, or have any affiliation with, Kasa TP Link. I am simply an enthusiast who likes helping if I can.
Options
2021-04-02 07:18:27 - last edited 2021-04-02 07:18:59

@Tony  - Does no-one from TP-Link care about this junk polluting your forum???? 

Please note that I do not work for, or have any affiliation with, Kasa TP Link. I am simply an enthusiast who likes helping if I can.
Options
2021-06-10 20:20:00

@Ryan

I noticed there is a page (https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/smart-switch/ks230-kit/) that mentions a 3-way dimmer, but no info other than "coming soon." Can you tell us if this is perhaps coming this summer? Fall? ....?

Options
2021-08-22 17:22:29

Any updates?

Options
Related Articles