KC200 Cam - How to Access Live Video from the Web (not Phone App)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-18 12:19:59 - last edited 2019-03-18 12:28:39
Model: KC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Isn't there a way to do this?  Tried with tpCamera but it doesn't list the kc200 model

should mention - on Windows would be nice

Options
34 Reply
Re:KC200 Cam - How to Access Live Video from the Web (not Phone App)
2019-03-18 17:16:22

@krhome 

The only way to access the live view of the KC200 outside of the Kasaapp is via streaming sticks such as Chromecast or Alexa-enabled Firesticks or Assistant-enabled screen devices such as the Echo Show or Google Hub.

Best Regards 

Options
2019-10-22 19:57:45
Make a simple Windows app or a PWA app...come on this can't be that difficult.
Options
2019-11-10 14:23:08

@krhome 

I would also love to have web access to the video feed. 

I am planning to use the video to do some machine learning stuff using google Teachable Machine 2.0 but I can´t.

It would be wonderful that tp-link would be a little more open about this :(

Options
2019-12-31 14:53:42

@Carl 

Any known plans for this to be added? or a streaming URL? - I've recently started to use Home Assistant but it's now looking like I need to replace my cameras just so I can have a live stream around the home! 

Would have thought this would of already been an option like most of your competitors have..

Options
2019-12-31 23:08:20

@Tommo 

At this time I would have to say no.  However if you have Alexa Shows, Google Hubs or even streaming sticks like Google ChromeCast or Firestick you can view the Viewstream on those devices.  Web URLs are likely not going to be a thing, at least for the foresable future. 

Options
2020-01-04 23:24:03

@Tommo they delibrately dont implement this, so you have to subscribe to their services

Options
2020-01-28 17:26:16

@Carl 

I would be willing to pay for this service, If the KC200 is capable. 

I tried downloading a Android program to use on my computer, but it brought to it's knees.

Thans for feedback

Options
2020-01-28 21:50:34

@dozar 

That your assumption and has no truth to it at all.  A web url has no bearing on the services we sell. From the start these cameras were desgined as cloud-based app controlled devices.  They are desgined to work with Android and iOS devices and allow you to veiw, download and share your activty from the app.  They were never designed to have a web URL.  We do have cameras that were web-based and have a web url but those are end of life in the US.  

Options
2020-01-28 21:52:06

@Coynerl 

We have made the Smart Home team aware of the request.  If they do decided to release a feature like this we will make an official annoucment.  At this time though as its not part of the camera design plan I do anticipate hearing anything about it anytime soon. 

Options
2020-01-28 22:14:53

@Carl These callous replies are making me consider dumping all my cameras, not upgrading to any ongoing service, and switching to Nest or some other more capable provider. Not only that, but I won't be recommending Tp-Link Kasa cameras to any family members, work associates, or clients I help with installs in future. I hate supporting the big name companies like Google and Amazon and all their affiliates, but when 3rd party providers refuse to even try to compete it leaves me little choice.

There's a very simple problem here - TP-Link has a limited software & integrations ecoystem, and there's no ambition to improve it - either because of the choices of executives, or because the developer team sucks.

Want to view your camera on your home PC or Xbox or Windows tablet mounted on the wall? Or the office frontdesk work computer? Nope, because there's no Microsoft Store app and no browser option. Want to integrate with Smart Things or some other all in one smart home solution? Nope, no direct tie ins & no browser url to tie to. Want to integrate activity with your smart home system via IFTT? Nope can't do that either. There is an IFTT connector, but it offers no triggers only responding actions.

Guess what? I can do *all* these things with Ring & Nest camera services. And of course they also do Android and iOS like everybody else. Why am I bothering with Kasa cameras...

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 11556

Replies: 34