Share Plug/Light/Smart Device with another TP-Link User

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-19 13:33:18

Here is my use case:

I have a bunch of Kasa devices from lights, to switches to plugs in my house.  I just started doing the same at my vacation house that I share with family.  I setup a new Kasa account for the second house, however it is a pain to switch between accounts.  Is there an easy way to switch between accounts in the app like Gmail/google apps, or be able to share devices with another Kasa User?  I would like to be able to retain all admin rights to the devices, but give access to others so they can use them easy when they stay at the second house.

I also do not want them all on one account, becuase then they all sync with my google home and when I say "Turn on/off everything" both houses would be affected.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Share Plug/Light/Smart Device with another TP-Link User
2019-03-19 16:50:27

@Soler25 

We at least at this time do not have anything like that.  The only way to switch between accounts is to log out of one and log into the other.  One thing you can do is add all the devices into the same account and just name them to indicate which home they are in.  Not very clean I'll admit but does remove the need to switch between accounts.  Also because these devices are tied to a cloud server right now there is no way to give multi-level premission, but you can sign in to the Kasa account on mulitple devices.  If for instance you rent out your vacation home a good alternative would be to put Google Home of Echos in the house and let them use the voice control features.  

We will forward your suggestions to the smart home division though.

Options
Re:Share Plug/Light/Smart Device with another TP-Link User
2021-04-28 10:03:20

seeking for the same information.Keep sharing! spell to make someone think of you

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1759

Replies: 2

Related Articles