Can HS200 replace a 3-way toggle as long as other toggle always remains on?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-08 20:42:39
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a switch inside my house for turning on and off my latern lights on my garage.  There is also a switch inside the garage that can turn these lights on and off, however we NEVER use that toggle switch.  I am not sure my wife even knows it's there :)

Anyway, I'd like to install a HS200 to replace the interior switch for these lights.  Ideally, I'd also like to leave the unused toggle switch that is inside the garage as-is.  Based on this, can I just use the HS200 and leave that unused switch as-is and always in the on position?  Maybe even tape over it so nobody accidentally flips it?  Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can HS200 replace a 3-way toggle as long as other toggle always remains on?
2019-04-08 22:38:26 - last edited 2019-04-08 22:38:49

@stuman74 

It would be best to look at the HS210 KIT as those are designed for three way outlets (what you have now). If you want to use the HS200 which is designed for a single pole outlet, you will need additional help from a trained personal such as a electrician.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1034

Replies: 1