Change Network/Wi-fi on Smart Plugs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-13 10:23:34
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V8
Firmware Version:

Is it possible to change all the Wi-fi APs without resetting the switch. I am upgrading my Wi-fi with a deco and want to change the SSID at the same time but I don’t really want to have to factory reset all my smart devices? Thanks. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Change Network/Wi-fi on Smart Plugs
2019-04-15 19:02:43

@lucozadenrg 

With the Smart Switches and Plugs you can do two types of reset.  5 second soft reset and 10 second hard reset.  You would use the 5 second soft reset to reset the device with out losing the settings on.  Once you reset them go to the Kasa app and add a new device of that catergory The app will ask you do you want to factory default it, just say no and link it to the new SSID.  

Best Regards 

Options
2020-04-04 15:24:09

@Carl if would be real helpful if you then provided the instructions to perform the different types of resets......

Options
2020-04-06 16:43:45

@Keith123 

Hi Keith,  We absolutely understand that.  This is why this information can be found if the products user guide. If you cannont find it or you do not see a user guide available please let me know so I can have that corrected. 

Options
2020-08-15 10:19:34

@lucozadenrg   For example...

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2648/

Typically press the button for 5 second for a soft reset. (Button location varies by device.)  If prompted to reset the device say "no" or I think you will do a hard reset.  Then go to the app and add a device (even though the device is already in your app).  Connect to the WiFi SSID the device is now broadcasting.  Go back to the app and continue the "setup" to select your new WiFi SSID.

Options