Custom color and scenes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Custom color and scenes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Custom color and scenes
Custom color and scenes
2019-05-14 02:51:36
Model: KL130  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm working on an IFTTT applet that will monitor the National Weather Service RSS feed and when a weather warning for our county is issued change the color of the lights in the house according to the severity of the weather.  As I live in Oklahoma, I started with a Tornado Warning applet and it works great at turning the lights Red.  When I attempted to make a second applet for Severe Thunderstorm Warnings I can't seem to set a custom color.  I'd like it to be orange/yellow but it seems like I can only choose 100% Red, 100% Blue or 100% Green.  Is there a way to set a custom color for a scene and I'm missing it?  If all else fails I'll use blue or green for my applet but if anyone has any advise i'd really appreaciate it.  

Options
1 Reply
Re:Custom color and scenes
2019-05-14 17:34:08

@Phireman 

Seems like there may be a several ways you can try to go about it.

You could create a scene in Kasa where you customize the color and brightness, then call that in the IFTTT applet under "Complete action > Activate Scene".

Other ways would be in the IFTTT applet under action select "Change color", there is a number of other colors to choose or you can customize a color below. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1250

Replies: 1