KL130 Flickers into default color and wont change back unless a hard reset.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-18 21:41:27 - last edited 2022-07-18 23:38:46
Model: KL130  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.8.11

I've been using KL130 without problems for almost 3 years until last night. I usually keep it in white and last night it suddenly flickered into default yellow-ish color and wouldn't change back to what I set to and only brightness option would work. Changing it to different colors, red for expample only changes the shade of the yellow and sometimes it would light in red for a second and go back to that yellow. I can hard reset the bulb and it works properly for some time (Maybe 30 to 60 minutes). 

Brightness is not an issue and all colors work for some time when I reset the bulb through the wall switch so I don't think it died just like that.

I tried resetting it for a few times, re-installing Kasa app, restarting my router, removing bulb from the Kasa app.

Any help or advice would be great!

Thanks!

Edit: Figured out even after doing a hard reset all colors doesn't always work properly as I pointed out. I have no idea what makes it work properly for a limited time, cooling down maybe?

Options
1 Reply
Re:KL130 Flickers into default color and wont change back unless a hard reset.
2022-07-19 03:14:02

Hello   @kelstappen 

Thank you for detailed feedback , For bulb not showing the correct color, it's good step to factory reset the smart bulb or tried to factory reset from the Kasa APP(remove device from app). You could also try a different light fixture for the smart bulb. 

If still the same,  it's more like some defect inside that bulb. You could reach local support or retailer to device warranty or  considering purchasing a new bulb if device is out of warranty.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 282

Replies: 1