KL130 turning on randomly within an hour

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-23 23:51:54 - last edited 2023-02-06 02:33:10
Model: KL130  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.13

I have a few KL130s and - except recently this one - they work fine.

But this one I noticed was on in the morning when it was supposed to be off as per my schedule.

So I fiddled with the schedule - no change, then after more trying to figure out what was going on, I removed it from KASA and factory reset it. It still shows the same behavior after setting it up again: randomly it turns on after somewhere from 20 min to an hour. I bought it in Nov 21 and have it installed for about a year. There should still be warranty on it - yes? Where can I claim a replacement if there isn't an easy fix? (The firmware should be the last, at least no update is offered in the app.)

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:KL130 turning on randomly within an hour-Solution
2023-01-30 02:32:11 - last edited 2023-02-06 02:33:10

@Solla-topee 

thank you for the reply. In the meantime, I have already contacted support and we are in the process of a replacement.

Cheers, Gunter

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:KL130 turning on randomly within an hour
2023-01-30 01:59:51

Hello  @gunterzielke 

thank you for reaching out to the community and letting us know about the issue. 

It's a good step to factory reset the bulb to ensure that the problem is caused by Schedule/Away mode/Smart action settings in the kasa APP. 

If you use any third party apps like Google/ Alexa or other smart apps, please remove the device from the app temporarily to help isolate the issue. 

If the same issue occurs, can you share the MAC address of the device with us via PM. To look into this, please help provide the exact time when problem occurs eg, Jan 23th, UTC+1 , bedroom lamp turn on itself, thank you. 

If the device is under warranty and diagnosed to be faulty, after troubleshooting, you can get a replacement under warranty period/

Options
Re:KL130 turning on randomly within an hour-Solution
2023-01-30 02:32:11 - last edited 2023-02-06 02:33:10

@Solla-topee 

thank you for the reply. In the meantime, I have already contacted support and we are in the process of a replacement.

Cheers, Gunter

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-01-30 03:52:02 - last edited 2023-01-30 03:52:35

@gunterzielke Thank you for letting us know the device is inRMA process, hope the replacement unit works fine, Feel free to let us know if you need any help~

Options
2023-03-26 17:01:28

@gunterzielke I have the exact same problem. Any info regarding how to get a replacement bulb? Before I move to another brand?

Thanks!

Options
2023-03-29 11:26:57

@mrkmax 

Hi, it's required to do some troubleshooting before RMA to confirm the bulb is faulty, and if the device is under warranty and confirmed is faulty after troubleshooting, you can get a replacement.

In this case, have you tried to factory reset the bulb and then reconfigure it? If not, please have a try.
How to reset TP-Link Kasa smart bulb?
How to connect TP-Link Smart Bulb to my home network via Kasa?

The above step is to ensure the problem is not caused by Schedule/Away mode/Smart action settings in the Kasa APP. If you use any third-party apps like Google/ Alexa or other smart apps, please remove the device from the app temporarily to help narrow the issue. 

If the same issue occurs, can you share the MAC address of the device with us via PM? To look into this, please help provide the exact time when the problem occurs, eg, March 29th, UTC+1, bedroom lamp turns on itself. 

Best Regards

Options
2023-03-29 13:52:09

@gunterzielke Did all of the troubleshooting above. Don't have time for anymore. Ordered 2 Wyze replacements. Thanks for the help!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 367

Replies: 6