Can't control plug from one specific echo Dot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-14 01:02:39

I've got a kasa plug and an echo Dot for kids near it. However, that specific echo cannot find the plug. All of the other echos on my network can control it, but that one reports not being able to see it. Is it possible that the kasa skill needs to turn on some setting to allow it to work with Freetime filtering? I do have Freetime set to allow control of the smart home.

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can't control plug from one specific echo Dot
2019-06-17 18:32:55

@Matt-c 

I could understand it being a Kasa or Kasa Skill issue if none of the Echo's connected to it, but since this is an Cloud to Cloud communication, if other Echos see it and work with the Kasa devices the issue would not be there.  It could be that this Echo is not of the same Amazon Alexa account and therefore not part of the cloud to cloud communication or there could be a hardware issue that we may not know about.  For this one though we would recommned engaging with Amazon to figure out the cause.  

Options
Re:Re:Can't control plug from one specific echo Dot
2019-06-29 07:57:16

Finally tried the TP-Router skill and it will not Extend like advertising on Amazon. I am very intelligent, but this Echo Dot in my bedroom can only control the TP-Link and nothing else. What a waste of my SS Disability Benefits If supposed to EXTEND MY WIFI ! 

Thats false advertising in my opinion! I will send it back ! 

Thank you, 

Elliot 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 735

Replies: 2