Smart plugs not working after i changed my old internet provider my new provider is spectrum

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Smart plugs not working after i changed my old internet provider my new provider is spectrum

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-31 02:05:17
Model: AC50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have mini smart plugs but i cant connect to my new wifi service ( spectrum ) i dont know why 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Smart plugs not working after i changed my old internet provider my new provider is spectrum
2019-07-31 16:22:35

@Damerican 

A simple change of the ISP should not affect devices from connecting to a network.  If with the ISP swap you also changed your router than you will likely need to reset the plug and reconfigure it to get it to connect to the new network. 

Best Regards 

Options
Re:Smart plugs not working after i changed my old internet provider my new provider is spectrum
2021-05-27 23:31:00

@Carl If I need to reset the plugs how do I do so? I have the TP app but can't find one for my plugs. I know the first step in resetting the plug is to connect my phone to the plugs wifi, but that's not popping up. 

Options
2021-05-28 00:24:04

@JaydenV 

Depending on the plug that you have.  If you have the HS100/HS110 there is a button near the top.  Hold that for 30 seconds until the light blinks green and amber.

Everything else hold the power button on the side for 30 second unitl the light blinks blue and amber.  

That will reset it back to factory and allow you to do the installation process again. If the app says do you want to wipe the configuration say no and and the previously made programing like schedules and away mode should remain set the way they were. 

Options
2021-06-01 06:33:35

This will help resolve most WiFi issues. Ensure WiFi is enabled and that you have a strong WiFi signal. Make sure you're in range of the WiFi network you're trying to connect to

How to break a curse

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 6520

Replies: 4