How Do I Wire the HS200 With This Configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-06 23:52:03
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My configuration is as follows:

I've tried wiring Neutral to Gray and One Line/Load to Black.  I capped off the other Line/Load and the Ground, since I don't have a ground.  The switch gets power and a wifi connection and I can configure and control it through the Kasa app.  The circular indicator light on the switch turns on and off as normal.  The problem is, power is not making it to the outlet.  Is this a bad switch or am I doing something wrong?  I have a house full of Kasa smart devices and they all work very well with the exception of this one new switch.

Thanks for the help.

Options
4 Reply
Re:How Do I Wire the HS200 With This Configuration
2019-10-07 02:20:47

@Nickp001 

Connect the black to line/load, connect the gray to the other line/load.

Problem is you do not have a neutral in the box, that would go to the white of the switch, ground is optional.

Options
2019-10-07 02:24:52

@B.Will so the gray wire is not the neuteal?

Options
2019-10-07 12:32:49

@Nickp001 

No it is not the neutral

Options
2020-05-05 20:29:09 - last edited 2020-05-05 20:29:52

@Nickp001 I have similar situation. But I have One black and One white. These are hooked onto the current switch. I am assuming that one white is Neutral and should be going to the white on the TP link neutral switch. I am under the impression that I should cap the two black on the TP link to the only Black/Live coming out of the wall (Essentially bundeling three togather).

But with what you are saying is that I should assume the white is not Neutral but a load/live line as well and should be capped with the 2nd black on the TP link. 

Thanks in advance for your time and help

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3528

Replies: 4

Related Articles