LB100 went offline after a year of working perfectly - jumped through hoops to get it working again

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

LB100 went offline after a year of working perfectly - jumped through hoops to get it working again

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-02 16:35:26
Model: LB100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

After a year of working perfectly the cleaning lady switch it off.  It lost its programming.  I went through a mess trying to re program it with Kasa on my Note 9.  It kept telling me it would connect when I had a better internet connection.  After trying many things I noticed it was switchingt off my wifi and trying to use roaming.  I put the phone into airplane mode and switched on wifi and it worked.  Anybody have any idea of what is going on?

Options
1 Reply
Re:LB100 went offline after a year of working perfectly - jumped through hoops to get it working again
2019-11-04 18:42:56

@OldChet 

Because when a blub is in defaulted or factory mode it will generate a wifi signal that does not have access to the internet.  In most of todays Phone OS the software sees this as a connection with no Internet so it tries to access via another saved network that it sees.  In most cases you ether need to force it to stay on this network or forget the main network so that it does not switch.  I have personally even had to turn off LTE so my iPhone didn't try to switch to that.  

Unfortently there isn't anything we can do about it.  Phone makers think they are fixing a issue so you stay connected not realizing at times you may need to be connected to a network that doesn't have internet.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 587

Replies: 1