New router, lots of smart plugs, shortcut?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-04 04:01:48
Model: HS110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So we upgraded out router, and we have about 15 TP-link smart plugs. HS-110. Do I have to reset (manually) each individual plug -- some of which are difficult to access. Surely there is shortcut to reset all of the plugs, at once? A group reset to the new router and password... or some kind of share function? A Kasa thing?

Options
2 Reply
Re:New router, lots of smart plugs, shortcut?
2019-11-04 21:37:53

@SCW-Greg 

The easiest way to ensure a seamless re-integration of your smart plugs (and all of your WiFi devices) is to set up the same WiFi name and password from your previous router on the new router. By doing so, all of your wireless devices, including the smart plugs, should automatically connect to the new router since they will authenticate using the exact same credentials they already have stored for your previous router.

There is not a "group reset" feature within the Kasa Smart app; hwoever we appreciate your interest in such a feature and will gladly share it with the Kasa Smart team. You can always leave feedback directly within the Kasa Smart app under Home -> About -> Feedback.

Options
Re:New router, lots of smart plugs, shortcut?
2019-11-05 02:46:39
Thank you. Your idea makes sense, and I did think of that. I may end up taking that route. However, as more and more homes get outfitted with numerous devices, every year or two home routers get updated, so a simple home-wide router change would be very helpful.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1159

Replies: 2