Viewing TPLINK camer view on computer.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Viewing TPLINK camer view on computer.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
69 Reply
Re:Viewing TPLINK camer view on computer.
2021-08-10 16:32:42 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:25

@hayabusa1300 

Bluestacks is a known appilcation, and I have used it myself for personal usage.  However I can also say that not every app will run properly in it as it is just an emulator and not a real Android OS.  While you are welcome to try it I can not say how well it will work or if thre will be any issues with our appliction or products during its use.  

Options
2021-08-21 16:37:14 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:25
Agreed! Dear Kasa and tp-link perhaps your customers skew to an older demo? Many of us are caregiving for our elderly parents. I do love the app, but my tired eyes need the bigger screen. Run the numbers and take a look at the numbers of "the Age Wave." Huge market potential. Please hear our "screen!" Be a leader. Thank you.
Options
2021-09-10 13:57:05 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:25
PLEASE get this added as I 'expected' to be able to view my cameras while on my PC which I am most of the time. Your competitors (Zmodo for example) does both. I just got 2 Kasa cams and to learn this is VERY disappointing.
Options
2021-09-30 03:36:39

@wryker You probably should try Android emulator LDPlayer or Bluestack as a workaround, I could stream my camera on my Win10 desktop using LDPlayer.

Options
2022-01-10 21:02:38

@Carl 

I would argue that you couldn't be further from the truth with your statement. MOST vendors DO provide web interface for their products, as well as mobile apps. It is not much of a leap to consider web browsers as an even more ubiquitous platform than IOS or Android. Nothing to do with Mac or Windows, but simply "web". Its also not much of a leap to port mobile apps to web interfaces, again... it really is the common practice.

Like others, I'm disapointed in this decision by TP-Link/Kasa. You might consider for example the Omada service that is also managed by the company.

I truly hope this remains under consideration as a future opportunity to expand the product line.

Options
2022-01-11 01:19:16

@GreenScrew 

My point is that Smart Home products for the most part are designed around an App to be used on mobile devices and most do not have a web-based app or environment.  TP-Link's smart home products Kasa and Tapo follow this formula.  They are built on ease of use and accessibility no matter where you are.  Thus they are designed to be controlled for a mobile app.  Omada is a business class product and does not include cameras, which this thread is speaking about.  Tapo cameras will allow access to the live view on a PC via the RSTP and here is an FAQ on how to do this, but it will not provide control.  Kasa does not currently have any plans to add such a feature and neither product line has plans for a PC application.  

We will add it to the request form but support has no control over what is or isn't added. 

Options
2022-01-25 03:58:36

@Carl 

Does TP-Link make any cameras that can be viewed on a computer?  Do they make any cameras that can store the video to a local server or device?

Options
2022-01-25 18:21:31

@Masonjd 

The Tapo camera line does allow RSTP feeds to be viewed on a PC.  This FAQ shows how.  Any camera branded as a 24/7 camera is a local storage via a SD-Card slot.  At this time cameras support either 64GB or 128GB but we will be releasing cameras in both lines that soon support 256GB local storage.  

Options
2022-03-02 10:08:56

@FrankJJ 

Wow, this is bizzare we can't log into a website on a computer and view our cameras!

Where I work, the signal is poor and pretty non-existent most of the time, they don't allow us on the company wifi :/. So was hoping to use my computer which is connected to the wifi to view my camera.

Might return my TP camera and get one that I'm able to view on both smartphone and COMPUTER.

Options
2022-03-02 10:45:33

Not sure why I got a notification for this thread, but it did again make me angry.

Carl, you are wrong.  You are not a programmer, you do not understand that no camera has ever been designed to be pc/mac/web compatible...  It is the PC/Mac/Web software that is designed to be compatible with the camera/cloud-api.

Stop saying it was designed for mobility and the app.  Your company is just lazy and short sighted and doesn't want to pay a tiny amout to some coders to build a website that talks to the cloud in the exact same way that the app talks to the cloud...  Even though EVERY other cloud camera has a web and/or pc app in addition to their phone apps.  ...and even though many people requsted it and provided great examples of why they need it.

You need a Kasa website with camera access.  It is completely possible....  your pretending there is some hardware limitation or design philosophy rule preventing web/pc software from talking to the Kasa cloud is FAKE NEWS and it is offensive how many times you repeated that trash in this thread!

Options