Set up KC200 - need to be on same network?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-14 23:45:23
Model: KC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.2.3.0

Hello,

I would like to move my cameras to a "guest" network that only has internet access, to isolate them.  However, that guest network also performs client isolation so that individual clients cannot talk to each other directly across the network.  Will my iPhone need to be able to talk to the camera on my home network, to complete setup, after telling the KC200 what wifi network to join?

This is in reference to the KC200 firmware version 2.2.3.0 inadvertently replying to DHCPDISCOVER and DHCPREQUEST packets, until a fix is available from TP-Link.

Thanks,

Matthew

Options
1 Reply
Re:Set up KC200 - need to be on same network?
2019-11-18 19:46:53

@Matty79 

Locally yes.  The device will need to be able to communicate with the cameras until setup is completed.   Once completed as long as the cameras can communicate with the cloud you should have no problem accessing them from the cloud as well.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 703

Replies: 1