Smart Switches keep disconnecting and reconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-23 22:17:21
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.8

I have an ASUS RT-AC88U router and I have been having an issue with my smart switches randomly disconnecting and reconnecting since yesterday.  Last night I noticed all my switches had the red offline light on so I restarted my router.  They were able to reconnect after some time but constantly reconnect at random times.  I have had no issues for the past few months and had not changed any settings. I have a mix of HS220 v1 1.5.8, HS210 v1 1.5.6, and HS200 v2 1.5.5 switches.  They seem to be able to reconnect on their own but would be an issue when I am not home and the schedule is disrupted due to being offline.  Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, thank you.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Smart Switches keep disconnecting and reconnecting
2019-11-25 19:52:45

@Kedstein 

Schedules are saved internally in the smart devices so if the internet goes down those will still be followed. 

If you happen to have another router you could swap it to see if the issue stays with the devices. 

You generally want a signal strength that is not close or higher then -70 dBm (Kasa > device settings > device info > tap on network) so having a reading of -50 dBm is good. 

Options
2019-11-26 08:33:55

@Tony I was able to fix the problem by keeping my 2.4 ghz to stay on one channel rather than changing channels automatically.  I just checked my devices and they are all -50 dBm and below, thank you for you getting back to me.

Options
2019-11-26 16:30:16

@Kedstein 

Thank you for the resolution, glad everything is working.

Options