Smart actions more than 3 active

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Smart actions more than 3 active

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
193 Reply
Re:Smart actions more than 3 active
2020-11-06 01:15:30
KASA...KASA...TP-LINK...TP-LINK. When are you going to fix this???!!! Why is it limited to THREE??? There is not reason to have a limit!!!! When are you going to fix this???!!! Why is it limited to THREE??? There is not reason to have a limit!!!! When are you going to fix this???!!! Why is it limited to THREE??? There is not reason to have a limit!!!! When are you going to fix this???!!! Why is it limited to THREE??? There is not reason to have a limit!!!!
Options
2020-11-06 01:19:34

@R.A. Smartthings is free and has more automation than you can use. Link you Kasa account to it.

Options
2020-11-06 01:20:51
It launched over a year ago! There is no reason this should be updated to allow unlimited Smart Actions. Even complex if then actions like: - If this switch is turned on, then turn this other switch on for 10 minutes. - If this switch is turned on, then message me.
Options
2020-11-06 01:21:28
Have you been notified?
Options
2020-11-06 01:30:00

@R.A. No. I gave up and linked my account to Smartthings. You don't have to buy anything to have Smartthings. Its just an app but way better than IFTTT.  I also like that I can organize my devices into rooms rather than by the type of device. Kasa app has severe limitations in my opinion, but I didn't realize all I wanted to do until I was heavily invested in their products. So I just stopped using the app except for my cameras. Honestly I think that the ST app is a bit faster response than Kasa too. 

Options
2020-11-07 22:04:50

Just adding my displeasure. After being happy with the results of auto off timers on my first two devices, I went and bought 5 more. I can't say how annoyed I was when the 3 device message came up! Had I known this, I would have invested elsewhere from the start, as this is my main reason to go this route.

I would think this is a minor issue from a dev perspective that could easily have been rectified much earlier. I can't believe it is 1.5 years since the first post on this topic.

I think it is time to bump the priority of this enhancement. 

Options
2020-11-16 04:27:46

@Carl +1 here. I'd I've to be able to run more than 3 smart actions. That's the only issue I can find with these devices.

thanks for advocating for a higher smart action count.

A2.0

Options
2020-11-28 13:48:06

@KasaUser005 I guess I did it the hard way and wrote a batch job to turn my stuff off after an hour.  It's nice to know there is a work around though.  

Options
2020-11-29 04:31:02

@Fortify9 To be my surprise, I just found limitations on max 3 smart actions today and got frustrated. I googled and see this post. Some of the answers helped me to figure out using Alexa routine or SmartThings and luckily I'm using both of them gor different purposes. I want to turn on garage light when I open my garage door and turn off after 15 minutes. I was able to fo using Alexa routine in few seconds. Same way, I need to turn off hallway light after 60 minutes if someone turns ON. I was able to do using SmartThing app. Open app, add device, select switches, look for tplin-kasa, link my kasa account which added all kasa devices in SmartThings. SmartThings automation, add if kasa switch is ON Then turn off and select custom delay to 60 minutes. Kasa wouldn't let me add more than 3 but SmartThings using Kasa account has no limitations. Just wrote all steps as I see few people are frustrated like me was earlier.

Options
2020-11-30 03:30:23

@Carl Well that changes everything. A limitation of 3 active smart actions makes this useless. 

I will be returning these devices without any further thought. Too bad because they seem to work great. 

Options
Related Articles