Smart actions more than 3 active

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Smart actions more than 3 active

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
193 Reply
Re:Smart actions more than 3 active
2020-11-30 21:55:41

I have just found out that we can only have 3 smart actions active. I'd just like to add my input to suggest that this limits the Kasa device(s) severely. As other users are pointing out, Kasa devices work well, but this limitation is not good. Please publish an update to allow for  more smart actions ... 50 would not be too many ... 100 or unlimited would be better.

Options
2020-11-30 22:11:15

@Carl I see this still an issue. I'll guess I'll return these smart plugs and get some that support more schedules... they seem to work great EXCEPT for that limitation....

Options
2020-11-30 23:17:00

Hi everyone. 

Just a suggestion.  While we work with R and D to see if they can or will update the limitation you may be able to meet your needs with routines via Alexa or Google Assistant.  These can be customized to include devices that are linked to these services.  You can also use their apps on your phone if you do not have any of the mini speaker units in your homes.  Not a complete solution but a solid work around. 

For a schedule for groups of devices a work around is creating a scene and then using smart action 'schedule a scene'  

Options
2020-11-30 23:30:35
OK ... potentially a great idea ... I thought that I had already tried using Alexa to create scenes for Kasa devices ... and I seem to recall that I didn't have much luck. Maybe I didn't spend enough time on it. Can you please point us at a website that would show us how to use Alexa to turn on a KASA HS103 at 0700 and turn off at 0900? Two scenes (on and off) would be fine.
Options
2020-12-01 00:01:56

@Carl  Alex and google don't support auto off. Samsung smart thing works though.

Options
2020-12-01 01:36:45

OK ... what about this ... I'll try to answer my own question ...

Using an Alexa Routine to Drive a Kasa Scene

Referring to this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202200080

I have only basically tested this … however, it does seem to work. Don’t hate me if it doesn’t! Constructive comments welcome. 

For me to create Routines in the Alexa app on my mobile phone that will switch my Christmas Tree Lights (using a HS103 Smart Switch) as follows:

1. ON at 0700
  2. OFF at 0900
  3. ON at 1800
  4. OFF at 2230

I executed the following steps:

1. Kasa App
    1. Add Christmas tree light device (HS103)
    2. Add a Scenes for:
      1. Christmas Tree ON
      2. Christmas Tree OFF
  2. Alexa App (mobile phone)
    1. Go to the More menu icon (lower right).
    2. Select Routines.
    3. Select the + icon in the top right corner.
    4. Enter a Routine name:
      1. Christmas tree ON – Morning
    5. Next (top right)
    6. Select When This Happens, and then choose how to trigger the Routine.
      1. Schedule
      2. At Time
      3. Repeat Every Day
      4. At time 0700AM
    7. Next (top right)
    8. Select Add action, and then choose which action it completes.
    9. Under ADD NEW, select which device controls the routine.
      1. Smart Home
      2. Control Scene
      3. Select Christmas tree ON (Kasa skill needs to be enabled in Alexa!)
      4. ADD
    10. Review your settings (which can be changed later)
    11. Tap Create.
    12. Repeat for the related scenes and times:
      1. Christmas tree OFF – Morning using Kasa Christmas Tree OFF scene
      2. Christmas tree ON – Evening using Kasa Christmas Tree ON scene
      3. Christmas tree OFF – Evening using Kasa Christmas Tree OFF scene
Options
2020-12-02 01:00:59

@Carl 

Please pass on that we are returning our newly purchased plugs.  We just bought SIX new plugs to go with our first buy of 4 several years ago to manage Christmas light  We also bought two outdoor plugs.

Maybe I am missing something but that would be the ability to only turn three sets of automation on or off total.  So after I schedule my Christmas lights on, then off later in the night, I no longer can control an on and off program for my outside lights?

Software doesn’t take that long to update.  

Options
2020-12-02 03:34:00

I can't believe this limit too.

I just bought over 50 switches, power outlets and dimmers, and after paying to have them all installed this last 2 days, when I started configuring auto-off for a lot of things, I got this limit!

WTF?

If I knew it before, I would not buy it.

Now I'm stuck with this crap that will not do what I want.

A really, deeply disappointed customer...

:(

Options
2020-12-02 03:40:00 - last edited 2020-12-02 03:41:05

@BrzMan 

get the SmartThings app by Samsung. You automation problem will be solved. 

Options
2020-12-02 18:57:30

@boniam 

I actually didn't know that.  I don't have a need for auto-off timmer but that is good infromation.  Thank you 

Options
Related Articles