Smart actions not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-25 01:19:14 - last edited 2022-06-01 06:06:06
Model: KS230 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.10

Big disappointment with Kasa smart actions! I have several Smart Actions set up and working. They had been working for months. As of a couple days ago, they all of a sudden stopped working.

I am running the latest version of the Kasa app, all of my Kasa devices have the latest firmware. I have also signed out of the app and signed back in. And have also deleted the app and tried sereral different devices. Is this a global outage happening right now, or is it just me?

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Smart actions not working-Solution
2022-03-25 03:23:06 - last edited 2022-06-01 06:21:20

Hello 

• If smart actions does not work properly, it's a great step to check if smart device is remotely online or is smart device is accessible in the APP when phone is on  LTE mobile data or connect to non-local Wi-Fi network? If not, try to reboot smart device.
  • If you use Auto off time or Schedule a Scene, confirm kasa device get correct time and adjust time settings for APP as below 

How to Adjust Time Setting in the Kasa APP

• If the smart action has been working fine and suddenly stopped working, it is likely that the camera is remotely offline from cloud, for single kasa device you could factory reset and smart device and reinstall it.

How to reset TP-Link Kasa smart switch and plug?

If kasa device is accessible when phone is on a different wifi network or factory reset does not help, please help provide some information here and we would like to into it further 

• Can you let us know what smart actions rule you've set and how it does not work properly?
  • Please share some photo of smart actions settings photos here
  • Model of phone and is Andriod or IOS version, APP version
  • Is the device time the same as the time / time zone in Kasa APP? 
  • Please share the MAC address of smart devices by private message.
Recommended Solution
Options
2022-05-30 17:45:29 - last edited 2022-06-01 06:06:53

@Solla-topee

Well I tried factory reset on the triggering device and it fixed it...

I'm annoyed that this worked since it must've broken by some action from TP Link..

Oh well, it works again.

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
2022-03-25 03:23:06 - last edited 2022-06-01 06:21:20

Hello 

• If smart actions does not work properly, it's a great step to check if smart device is remotely online or is smart device is accessible in the APP when phone is on  LTE mobile data or connect to non-local Wi-Fi network? If not, try to reboot smart device.
  • If you use Auto off time or Schedule a Scene, confirm kasa device get correct time and adjust time settings for APP as below 

How to Adjust Time Setting in the Kasa APP

• If the smart action has been working fine and suddenly stopped working, it is likely that the camera is remotely offline from cloud, for single kasa device you could factory reset and smart device and reinstall it.

If kasa device is accessible when phone is on a different wifi network or factory reset does not help, please help provide some information here and we would like to into it further 

• Can you let us know what smart actions rule you've set and how it does not work properly?
  • Please share some photo of smart actions settings photos here
  • Model of phone and is Andriod or IOS version, APP version
  • Is the device time the same as the time / time zone in Kasa APP? 
  • Please share the MAC address of smart devices by private message.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Smart actions not working
2022-03-26 15:52:29 - last edited 2022-03-26 16:24:21

@Solla-topee Both of the switches (HS220)  work both on my LAN and off. They also work on Cellular network. So, the smart actions are accessible remotely. The smart actions I have setup are the following:

Action Name: K

Trigger Device: Kitchen

corresponding Device: Kitchen Lights

Kitchen is a HS220 switch and Kitchen Lights are a group consisting of the kitchen light and kitchen toe kick lights.

all of my switches are in their own 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi Network.

Options
2022-03-29 06:40:10

@BP101001 I noticed you have replied on support email TKID220328743, smart action feature will use cloud service ,and our seniors will help look into your case futher. 

Feel free to let us know how it goes. blush

Options
2022-05-27 04:38:13 - last edited 2022-05-27 04:39:20

@Solla-topee 

Smart actions stopped working for me at the same time and are still down.

I have 2 smart actions I've been using reliably for over a year that just stopped working at all..

Options
2022-05-30 12:24:15

Hello   @Araknai 

If smart action has been worked fine but suddenly stopped working, it is likely your device is offline remotely from the cloud.

You could try factory reset smart device and reinstall it in the Kasa app and test Smart Action rule. If still the same, can you start a new thread sharing the smart action settings, model and senerio of the issue, thank you. 

Options
2022-05-30 17:25:56

@Solla-topee 

2 smart actions between 5 different devices, all accessible remotely, and both smart actions stop working simultaneously..that has to be an issue on TP Link's end...

Factory resetting 5 devices and recreating smart actions to test is a big ask.

Options
2022-05-30 17:45:29 - last edited 2022-06-01 06:06:53

@Solla-topee

Well I tried factory reset on the triggering device and it fixed it...

I'm annoyed that this worked since it must've broken by some action from TP Link..

Oh well, it works again.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-06-01 06:25:10

Hello   @Araknai  

Glad to know factory reset helped in your case,I updated some tips above to try ,you could monitor the performance for now and feel free to let us know any further observation. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3085

Replies: 8

Related Articles