Bulbs dropping connectivity after adding KL100 bulbs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-05 01:06:35
Model: KL110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.8.11

Until recently I had 3 LB130's in my living room, 3LB100's over my bar and 3 LB110's in my bedroom. Amazon had a sale on some KL110's so I grabbed a couple for the hallway. Since I added the two new bulbs my setup has gone complete haywire. Initially my bulbs all became unresponsive so I removed them and tried re-adding them. One of the new bulbs would never set up again in the app and the other bulbs just randomly appear and disappear from the app. I've reset all the bulbs and set them up one by one again after reseting the router but the problem persists. 

I've also removed the two new bulbs from my app and made sure to reset them but no dice. My bulbs continue to blink on and off the app randomly. I'm fine will getting rid of the two new bulbs but I'd like my old setup back. Any ideas?

LB100 Hardware Version 1.0, Firmware 1.8.11

LB110 Hardware Version 1.0, Firmware 1.8.11

LB130 Hardware Version 1.0, Firmware 1.8.11

KL110 Hardware Version 1.0, Firmware 1.8.11

Linksys Velop Router. Two nodes. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Bulbs dropping connectivity after adding KL100 bulbs
2019-12-11 18:41:42

@leosash 

We have has reports of users with Linksys mesh systems unable to add smart devices. This was due to a new firmware that Linksys released. 

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/175920

Current solutions involve downgrading your firmware to the previous versions or enabling the guest network (2.4GHz), and connecting your smart devices to that.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1086

Replies: 1