new plug won;t update or remote

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-13 06:02:55
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.2

Trying to activate remote and I get error-  "Your Device Has No Internet".

Trying to update firmware the app tells me is available and it gets hung up. I've tried dozens of times.

Very frustrating!

Stay Melo

Options
4 Reply
Re:new plug won;t update or remote
2019-12-13 19:15:26

@melopdx 

Frist thing to confrim is that you have succesfully connected the product to your home network and are not on the default SSID that the Smart Plug generates.  This network is a local only network and does not have internet.  Its sole purpose is to connect to the device to configure it to link to your Home network.  Once on the home network the device should have remote access and you should be able to update it. 

If you are on your home network we would need to know what router you have.

Options
2019-12-16 16:01:16

@Carl  thanks. 

I am on the home network. 

My router is a nighthawk R7450. 

Options
2019-12-16 19:01:36

@melopdx 

Okay, so next what you want to do is log into your router and make sure the smart plug's communication is not being blocked.  If you can't figure that out you can try this process to determine.

1.  Assign a Reserved DHCP address to the plug.

2.  Put the Plug into a DMZ.

3.  Test to see if that plug in now working,

If it is then there is a setting on the router that was not allowing the plug to function and a call to Netgear would be in order. If not we may need to issue a replacement to make sure its not a defective plug.

Options
2019-12-17 18:58:03

@Carl  Thanks for the help. After going into th erouter I could see it was being blocked. I fixed that pretty easily and everything fell into place. All good here now.

Thanks again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1160

Replies: 4