Smart Plug HS103 will not connect to router wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-15 19:09:02
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: No idea

I have four HS103 plugs, and none will connect to my wifi. Note that I also have four Kasa bulbs, five HS105 plugs, and 20 HS200 switches, all of which are working fine. The HS103s previously worked. Today they all were dead; no light at all. They can be switched on and off manually using the button on the device.

I reset them by holding the power button down for 10 seconds, and they go into orange-blue blink mode. I can connect to their wifi with my phone, and the app then asks which router they should connect to. I tell them and they begin blinking blue, presumably trying to connect. They never successfully connect. Instead, they time out and go back to blinking orange-blue.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Smart Plug HS103 will not connect to router wifi
2020-01-15 23:46:45

@weasel_atty 

A lttile know fact.  Routers do have connected device limits on each of their bands.  For instance on TP-Link routers these limits are typically a maximum of 32 or 64 devices per band.  Since you have 29 smart devices alone on your 2.4GHz network this is likely the issue you are experiancing.  One thing you can try is enable the 2.4GHz guest network and add the new smart plugs to that band, or moving some dual band devices to the 5GHz connection.

Options
2020-01-21 17:36:32

@Carl Thanks for the information. I added in a new access point and everything is working.

Options
2020-09-12 21:31:52

@weasel_atty I had the exact same issue. Switching the Linksys router security mode on my 2.4 GHz band from the default "WPA/WPA2 Mixed Personal" to "WPA Personal" solves the issue. It's weird, since the model 105 plugs I had previously never had a problem. 

weasel_atty wrote

I have four HS103 plugs, and none will connect to my wifi. Note that I also have four Kasa bulbs, five HS105 plugs, and 20 HS200 switches, all of which are working fine. The HS103s previously worked. Today they all were dead; no light at all. They can be switched on and off manually using the button on the device.

I reset them by holding the power button down for 10 seconds, and they go into orange-blue blink mode. I can connect to their wifi with my phone, and the app then asks which router they should connect to. I tell them and they begin blinking blue, presumably trying to connect. They never successfully connect. Instead, they time out and go back to blinking orange-blue.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 5439

Replies: 3

Related Articles