HS105 won't connect to wifi/app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-23 06:19:22
Model: HS105  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My smart plugs 105 were working perfectly fine and now seem to have solid orange light and no longer come up on the My KASA app on my phone. I have tried resetting them multiple times. and moved their location to another outlet. Nothing seems to work they do connect and when it comes to connecting to the wifi it won't connect and gives me an error message to try again. Anyone had any similar issues and if so how was it resolved? Not sure if I should just buy new ones or try to resolve the issue. 

Options
17 Reply
Re:HS105 won't connect to wifi/app
2020-01-23 19:31:55

@PNWNDR25 

When you say reset, do you mean just rebooting the device or reseting it to defaults and reconfiguring the product? If you just did a reboot we would remmond defaulting to factory and reconfiguring the product.  Also make sure the plugs and the app are all running the latest software.  If that all fails to resolve the issue it might be hardware related and as long as the products are under warranty a replacement might be posisble. 

Options
2020-01-23 22:08:04

@Carl doing factory reset and setting them up as new devices. I'll get a message stating that device is already set up and asks if I wanna factory reset and set it up all over again which I do but when it's time to connect the device to the wifi it won't connect to wifi and gives me a message to try again, move its location and for forth. These were purchased last year so I don't think the warranty is valid any more. Not sure what else to try...

Options
2020-01-24 17:39:18

@PNWNDR25 

It sounds like a wifi module.  But as long as they were purchased from a authorized retailer they are still in warranty.  The products have a 2-year warranty.  Email Kasa.Support@tp-link.com and request that they start the process.  You will want to include a link to this thread and a copy of your proof of purchase so that they don't try and start from square one.  

Options
2020-05-28 04:51:12

@Carl 

I am so facing the same issue with my HS105 smart plug. It was working fine till one month back. Suddenly started giving issues. Tried all suggestions provided like factory reset, trying to setup from another device, reinstalling kasa app etc. Nothing worked. It's creating an wifi network of its own as usual. But the mobile device is unable to connect to that network. Are you seeing this issue widespread?

Options
2020-05-28 16:06:59

@Ani1981 

No because the WiFi network that is generated by default is just a self created open network.  Mobile devices should not have an issue connecting to it, unless as a security precaution your mobile device manufacture updated their software to not allow devices to connect to Open networks.  we have a few devices we make for security puproses they cannot be linked to open networks.  That might be the case but you would need to check with your Phone provider or manufacture for more details on that.  do you have any other tablets or mobile devices you can try?  These devices will work on Android and IOS

Options
2020-09-18 05:06:57

@Carl both of my twin pk I purchased are doing the same thing.  Both of them.  Blinks slowly,  wont connect.  When I factory reset,  it reaches the 10s mark and turns its self off on very quickly and after a few seconds blinks slowly and still will not connect.  Suggestion?? When I look at the wifi it creates,  asks me for a password.... both are doing the same thing,  as if software??

Options
2020-09-18 16:22:31

@uncleCory 

Are you using the iOS or Android app?  If iOS what version of iOS are you on?  Have you tried the other verison if possible?  For example if using iOS have you tried Android and vice versa?

Options
2020-09-28 20:29:19

I'm having the same problem. I have (5) HS105 Mini plugs that were all working fine until about a week ago when 3 of the plugs just stopped working. I've tried multiple times to reset/re-configure the connection, following each step correctly and double checking the password, but the plugs fail to connect to my wifi network on the last step. I've tried on 2 different phones with 2 different versions of the app. No luck.

This is very frustrating and it seems like TP-Link support has not figured out a solution to this issue. 

Options
2020-09-28 22:11:19

@VT3287  Hi, i finally got mine working after various attempts and letting them sit overnight. it was definitely frustrating though.  I disconnected all of them from the app. reset my wifi router and connected them back again as if brand new. that seemed to take care of them, it just sucked having to reconfigure all of them but them seem to be working just fine now. I have 3 of them set up with various lamps throughout my house. I hope this may help in case you haven't tried this yet. for me the biggest thing was resetting my router as i was having the same issues, they would not connect to my wifi or just get stuck trying to connect and having no luck. Best of luck to you hope this helps. 

Options
2020-10-01 06:38:14

@PNWNDR25 I just tried all of that several times and still no luck. And absolutely no help from TP-Link either. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 8081

Replies: 17