KL430 LED strip lighting TV back light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-30 17:54:17

ok I see the kl430 is now avlailble si I want o use this to back light my tv. But sicne the strips are flkat they cannot be curved to go into a oval to go around the width of the TV. so I am looking at having to cut the strips into smaller horziontal strips but how do you connec them togther? the back of the tv would have 4 stips 1 for top, bottom, lef anf right side but the package i dont see a way to connect the 4 smaller strips toethegr so they function as one strip? Has anyone else done this and how dod you get past this?

Thanks, Greg

Options
9 Reply
Re:KL430 LED strip lighting TV back light
2020-01-30 18:31:03

@gregh 

What you are trying to do is possible but not with one strip.  You would need 4 seperate strips (each box comes with 2 strips and a power supply/wireless box.   The problem is once you cut the strip the end that is cut off is useless.  Since you plan of having it placed on all 4 sides of your TV that would require each peice to have its own power supply and be set up seperatly.  One Alternative that may work for you,  (I assume you are trying to get color effect on the wall behind the TV) is to adhere a single kit to the back of your entertainment senter.  See the video below as an example. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uzPTJ3eBzg

Options
2020-01-30 19:00:26

@Carl yes thanks that was the idea. Have tio give it more thought now to where i want the light to come from back of the TV of from the back of the tv stand.  Thanks

Options
2020-01-30 19:51:05

@gregh 

I use it just like the video, ie. I have a single strip on the back of the TV stand/cabinet and that provides more than enough ambient light against the wall. I will take a photo tonight to get you an example. 

Options
2020-02-07 12:55:07 - last edited 2020-02-11 19:53:28

@gregh Seems to be a great idea, and as I know you can use some led strips that could be banded. I remember when I bought led strip lights to decorate some frames in my house, I could curve them to take the shape of the frame. The strips that I bought were very flexible and easy to install. Moreover, I could shorten them on the dependence on the length I needed. Finally, the led strips looked so nice on the frames. Maybe you should look more on online stores and you'll find something suitable for you.

Options
2021-08-20 20:36:22 - last edited 2021-08-22 12:38:15

@gregh  You will not be able to connect them. You can cut the LED strip, but one end must always have a path to the power source. There is one exit to the fork in the skein of tape. So the more pieces, the more wires will have to be soldered. The work is not pleasant and very long, rather painstaking. I advise you to either try to install the tape to cut it two times at most or look for another option. Maybe you will find individual LEDs. I buy my strips at https://www.ukled.co.uk/led-drivers.html , you can look for something suitable there. But it will be very inconvenient to cut the tape many times.

Options
2021-08-22 02:46:17

@gregh 

I have over 40 of these.  One continuous strip around your TV is your best bet it you want full color effects around it.  I've done it both ways on my TVs; two separate strips in a row or one continuous strip.  As far as mounting it, Amazon sells led clips that are super cheap and super strong. I strategically place those around the back of my TV and then gently curve the LEDs around the corners.  As long as the lights are firmly in the grip of the led clips on both sides of the corners, it will hold fine.  It will also look fine against the wall.  

Options
2021-11-25 14:09:42

@gregh 

An acquaintance of mine has a huge Philips TV in his room.

Options
2022-02-14 21:45:32 - last edited 2022-02-15 08:14:11

Hi! Do you want to use LED strips? It seems that this kind of illumination is outdated and looks uninteresting. I use a smart bulb for illumination because it has more functions, and there are some interesting features that other types of illumination do not have. For example, you can set up a smart light bulb so that when music is playing, the light bulb flashes to the beat of the music. It's very cool to use when there's a party at home, or you want to listen to music and dance. In addition, smart light bulbs consume much less electricity than LED strips.

Options
2022-06-05 05:45:07
I have checked the reference but I must say that the shipping cost will be so high If I will order from there. I am looking for a wholesale lighting supply in china to get the best solar lights at reasonable prices. Is there anyone who can help me to get the best lights at a low cost?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3573

Replies: 9