Unable to access Cloud recording

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-05 21:48:03 - last edited 2020-02-07 23:17:18
Model: KC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

UNable to access cloud recording...Whenever I click on recording clips, it says activity in progress. Camera is recording. Try later. Its happening with both of my Kasa camera's. I can view live without any issues. and see lots of recording clips but cxannot play them. I have the 2 year free plan

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unable to access Cloud recording-Solution
2020-02-05 23:31:13 - last edited 2020-02-07 23:17:18

@jaycha2 

Its possible there was an issue with the cloud server which would interupt cloud storage.  We did not have any recent reports of cloud or server issues though.  What you can do is email us your Kasa ID @ ussupportteam@tp-link.com from there we will have the smart home team look into any issues.  

Recommended Solution
Options
10 Reply
Re:Unable to access Cloud recording
2020-02-05 22:50:08

@jaycha2 

Hi Jay,  That is a typcial message.  Recordings cannot be veiwed while motion is still taking place.  It should only take a few seconds after recording is completed for it be reviewed.  Also if you are clicking on the link from the notification.  Try manually going to the activity section and taping the link.  

Options
2020-02-05 23:12:37

@Carl Unfortunately nothing was getting recorded the whole day. I checked and rechecked both the Kasa camera in the app. It was detecting motion and saving the file as unplayable clip.  All of a suddent after posting in the forum I noticed that the new motion clip was again playable. The old ones still have the same message as posted earlier

Options
Re:Unable to access Cloud recording-Solution
2020-02-05 23:31:13 - last edited 2020-02-07 23:17:18

@jaycha2 

Its possible there was an issue with the cloud server which would interupt cloud storage.  We did not have any recent reports of cloud or server issues though.  What you can do is email us your Kasa ID @ ussupportteam@tp-link.com from there we will have the smart home team look into any issues.  

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-02-19 21:21:38

@Carl You are not the only one. I'm getting this, too. It's started happening about the time you started seeing it.

Options
2020-05-30 20:46:16

@Car

i just bought my 120 two days ago and had exactly the same problem. What worst is the clip was exactly where a fraud took place. I just sent the link and my Acct to your email. 
can urgently help to salvage pls? Even partial footage will be appreciated. 

no point investing a security camera when footages are not reliable? 

Options
2020-06-01 15:59:45

@ivan99 

We can try but there are no guarantees that can be made.  As the storage is cloud based, if there was an issue with the upload to the cloud or the server was down due to an outage or other reason we may not be able to retrieve the clip.  To note this is the same for any cloud based camera.  As clips do not store locally if there is a server issue or a error in the upload clips aren't typically able to be saved.  If you sent an email to ussupportteam we will review and have the kasa team investigate and respond to said email when we have word. 

Options
2020-07-23 10:57:13

@jaycha2 

Exact same problem here too.  It is always the important clips that get locked and denied too!

Options
2020-07-26 18:16:20
They have to give another option of support, because it cannot be that they depend on the cloud only, they must open the RTSP protocol so we can also record the video from a PC or NAS. Otherwise the cloud falls and you are left without recording and without being able to use the camera. So TP-LINK please update and support RTSP protocol in new firmware.
Options
2020-07-27 22:24:48

@jaycha2 I have a KC300S system and I have the same thing happen constantly. I would say maybe 1 out of 4 motion events actually creates a cloud video I can view at any point after I get the notification, even an hour later. 

Options
2020-07-29 03:17:11

@DanS_NH 

I am also having this issue...and it happened when an unauthorized maintenance man entered my apartment. I spent almost an hour on chat support who told me to unplug and reset and log out. None of that worked.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2135

Replies: 10